Thursday, December 26, 2013

Day 18-- This is it! The day of completion!

It is time to celebrate for today we were handed the last bit of paperwork that we need to complete the adoption and bring Toby home!  When I was handed the Adoption Certificate, I welled up with tears because all the stressful and tedious paperwork that had been done this year was ending today!  I have never had a more stressful year in my lifetime, but the end result for this voyage has been priceless.  We get to bring home the best Christmas present and the best Chinese souvenir that I can imagine.... our sweet little Toby.  It is hard to believe that he is ours to keep.  We can't wait for all of you to meet him.  He loves to try and talk to everyone he meets and give you his "two cents".  I can just imagine the conversations that he is having as he is "talking" to people he meets.  It is so funny.

Not only did we complete our adoption, we got to talk to our families/friends for the first time since we have been here.  We called our family in Georgia (They were having Christmas dinner) and had a great time talking to each one there.  We can't wait to introduce Toby to all of them!  We also got to Facetime with the Wojnarowski family.  They were all gathered at my parents' house for the Christmas night gathering. I am so grateful I had the chance to talk with and see our family.  It made my day complete.  It was also great seeing our great friends, the Bouchers too!  We are SO blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives who will always be there for us no matter what!

We spent the afternoon/evening walking through two beautiful parks in the city.  What a relaxing and peaceful way to end our adventure.  We cherished the time that we had together as a family.  I will never forget the bonding that all of us made together.  All of us grew closer to each other and to our Lord.  I am so proud of my kids for their wisdom and discernment during this time together.  I have such WONDERFUL children that God has blessed me with.  Thank you, Heavenly Father for the 4 precious gifts that You gave to me.  I am so honored to be the mother of Bethany September, Hunter Luke, Cassidy Hope, and Tobiah JianKe.

I do have a HUGE prayer request for the next two days.  My Cassidy was in some serious ear pain tonight (of course... the night before our trip..UGH)   I am just praying that it is not an ear infection.  We gave her tylenol and she is resting comfortably right now, but as you know, there is a lot of ear pressure when you get on a plane.  PLEASE pray for my baby girl to be ok.  We leave very early in the morning to fly to Beijing.  We will spend the night in Beijing and then fly out the next day with Chicago, Illinois USA as our first stop.  This will also be the place where Toby will become a US citizen.  I think I might cry then too!  Thank you for your prayers for both Cassidy and Toby as we fly back home.  If I can't get internet for tomorrow's update, I will update when I arrive at home.  This has been a priority for me everyday because I want to share this adventure with you, especially those of you  who have supported us both financially and in prayer.  The words THANK YOU will never be enough to express our gratitude.  Until tomorrow...(maybe)   God bless you and thanks for praying for our safe and pain free return.






No comments:

Post a Comment