Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hello friends,

I wish that I could update you with news that our adoption progress is on the next step, but unfortunately we are at a standstill.  We are still waiting for Homeland Security to approve us as adoptive parents.  We have done all of the requirements that we are supposed to do, but we still have to wait.  Our paperwork is in a stack and we have to wait our turn, which is fair, but difficult.  So far the paperwork has been waiting to be viewed for 37 days.  Either its a good sign that there are a lot of families adopting or that this office is very slow. (:  I will hope that it is for the first reason. (:

Meanwhile we are just waiting and trying to fundraise.  Here are the two fundraisers that we are currently doing...  We are selling puzzle pieces for $50 a piece.  This has been such a blessing!  I will include a picture so that you will see the progress... Almost half way there. (:  THANK YOU!  adopttogether.org/thefailes

The other fundraiser is the sale of these vinyl decals either for cars or the wall... I will also include some pictures and the website where you can purchase one of these adorable ASL decorations! http://www.etsy.com/shop/FundraiserforToby

Thank you all for your love and support.   We are so blessed to have so much encouragement along this journey.  We can't wait to have our little guy here in our home so we can start teaching him language and love.  Please continue to pray for our entire family. 



2 comments:

  1. Mary Beth, you don't know me but I am also a sign language interpreter. I am a mom of 6 kids, 3 of whom are Deaf and were adopted from China in the last 2 1/2 years. I would live to get in touch with you!
    Tracy W
    Tawzgirl@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... that is so neat that we have so much in common... Any advice or suggestions? My email is mblovesdavid@aol.com or of course...facebook too. It is nice to talk to you. How did you stumble across my blog?

      Delete