Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hello to all!

I know it has taken a while to put this next post online, but as you know this process is a marathon and not a sprint.  There are lots of times of waiting, gathering, waiting, fundraising, and more waiting.  Let me give you a quick update on our progress so far. 

We HAVE completed the biggest part of this process... the home study!   YIPPEE!  I felt like I should get a Master's degree for all of the work that was put into that.  The home study was sent to our adoption agency and they approved it.  The next step is obtaining permission from Homeland Security to become adoptive parents.  That is called the I-800 form.  Ours was sent and is in process.  We are hoping to get the approval by the end of May so that we can send another big set of papers called a "dossier" to get certified locally, by the state and then to the Chinese consulate in New York.  So that is where we are now... I am taking this step by step and it has been an education for sure.   If you look in a previous blog, I put up a cartoon picture of the steps in this process.  You can see what we have left.  

Thank you for your continued prayers and support.  Many of you are a part of the big picture.  I have about 50 names on the back of the Toby puzzle.  I can't wait until the entire puzzle is filled with the names of all who have supported us.  There is always room for more!   We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment